If you are a municipal elected official or senior administrator and want to shape the direction of AUMA’s policy and advocacy work, you will want to apply to participate on one of the following AUMA committees:
- Infrastructure and Energy Committee looks at matters pertaining to municipal infrastructure and its financing; municipal infrastructure related grants and transfers, tangible capital assets, asset management, transportation and public works, roads and bridges, rights of way including utilities, energy policies and market access, and disaster planning and emergency management.
- Municipal Governance Committee looks at matters pertaining to the Municipal Government Act and related legislation, property assessment and tax policy, municipal revenue and cost sharing, intermunicipal cooperation, the municipal sustainability strategy, roles and responsibilities of municipalities, citizen engagement, indigenous relations, and convention resolutions.
- Safe and Healthy Communities Committee considers issues relating to health and safety (including emergency medical response and police funding), social programs (FCSS, poverty reduction, affordable housing and homelessness), culture and recreation, and welcoming and inclusive communities.
- Sustainability and Environment Committee reviews matters pertaining to water, climate change, clean air, brownfields, solid waste management, land use planning and cumulative effects management, and municipal sustainability planning.
- Small Communities Committee provides input on opportunities and challenges affecting the sustainability of small communities. This Committee is also responsible for providing a small communities perspective on key AUMA policy initiatives.
Participating on a committee provides an opportunity to influence the direction of policy and programs while ensuring your municipality’s interests are addressed. In addition, you will gain greater awareness of AUMA/AMSC initiatives and can increase your network and leadership skills.
Committee Applications for 2018/2019 are closed.
If you fill out the form below, it will be considered as interest for 2019/2020 committees.