Assessment Model Review
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and the Associate Ministry of Natural Gas and Electricity have been jointly leading a stakeholder engagement process on assessment model changes for wells and pipelines since January 2020. The process was embargoed until late July, at which time AUMA and RMA, and their members, started speaking out about their concerns with the proposed changes. AUMA held an online webinar and discussion for members on August 14, 2020.
Over the years, AUMA has provided significant input to the provincial government on key policy issues related to property assessment and taxation. The scope of that input has been extensive and continues to expand based on emerging issues. The following offers a summary of the resolutions approved by AUMA members that relate to property assessment and taxation.
- 2018: AUMA resolution for cannabis grow operations to be assessed and taxed at fair market value
- 2016: AUMA Comprehensive Submission on MGA Amendments
- 2016: MGA Linear Symposium
- 2015: AUMA Key Policy Outcomes, AUMA & AAMDC Consensus Items, AUMA Non-Consensus Items, AUMA Issues Options, and Inputs
- 2014: Building Thriving Communities: AUMA’s Submission to the MGA Review Process
- 2012: Property Assessment Policy Paper
- 2010: Property Assessment Task Force Paper