The AMSC General Insurance Program provides coverage for more than 700 Regular and Associate members. Coverage is provided through MUNIX, an insurance reciprocal. MUNIX is based on a time-tested cooperative format, and offers flexibility in providing correctly priced insurance coverage and effective risk management programs—making it the best risk-financing strategy for members with similar risks. Members own the program, not just the buyers of coverage; your voice helps shape the program's direction.
AMSC Insurance Services is an insurance brokerage that is fully owned by AMSC and provides a dividend back to the organization.
We provide a full range of coverages for municipalities and municipally-related organizations:
- Liability products to help protect your organization from what could be a devastating financial loss if someone is injured and wins a legal judgement against you:
Aircraft liability (owned and non-owned)
Errors and omissions
- Property insurance protects members from financial loss resulting from damage to the physical assets of their organization:
Building & contents (including equipment breakdown)
Course of construction
- Automobile insurance to provide protection for the owner of a motor vehicle:
- Third party liability
- Accident benefits
- Loss of or damage to insured
- Non-owned liability
- Crime protection - a necessary component for any municipality as crime-related losses are not typically covered by property insurance policies:
- Employee dishonesty
- Money and securities
Facility user group
Facility user group coverage transfers the risk from the municipality to individuals renting a facility. Examples of a group include:
- Gym rentals
The venues included in this coverage include:
- Banquet facilities
- Non-regular recreation events
- Theatre rentals
- Meeting room rentals
To receive a quotation for this coverage, complete the application and forward it to us for processing at least 10 days prior to the event.
The MUNIX Advantage
What is the MUNIX Advantage?
Most importantly – stability, coverage and costeffectiveness. MUNIX offers:
- Stability – MUNIX is a provincially licensed insurer (reciprocal) and is governed under The Insurance Act of Alberta
- Coverage - MUNIX provides coverages that the insurance industry typically doesn’t
- Cost-effectiveness – MUNIX shields members from the peaks and valleys of the insurance market and offers lower rates than a conventional insurance program