The 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home live in a diverse blend of rural, hamlet, and country residential communities on one million acres to the west, north, and east of Calgary. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for our complex municipality. To continue to enhance the quality of life in our communities, we seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
The Administrative Assistant provides a high level of administrative and organizational support for the Health and Safety Program and the Commercial Transportation Safety Program ensuring that both programs meet legislative documentation and monitoring requirements. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director, Employee Relations and receives day to day direction from the Health and Safety Advisor(s). The Administrative Assistant will work in a collaborative, professional and cooperative manner that ensures that the customer service best practices and County values and objectives are adhered to.
- Prepare agendas, take minutes, update the action planner, distribute and post minutes and action planners for the H&S committees (Corporate and Fire) and other ad hoc committees related to health and safety and commercial transportation safety as needed. Book meetings and assist with nomination and voting process for Committee representatives.
- Process new hire orientation sheets and create new job profiles in eCompliance (tracking system).
- Receive, enter and upload health and safety training certificates and driver evaluations.
- Coordinate annual driver abstract collection, upload and enter driver abstracts and send monthly reminders regarding expiring driver licenses.
- Scanning, uploading, and entering incident reports information into the tracker system.
- Provide support for Working Alone SPOT device program by keeping master data set up to date and couriering devices to vendor as required.
- Collection and scanning of all Field Level Hazard Assessments; update Safety Data Sheets binders.
- Perform administrative audit of department documentation processes to ensure compliance.
- Assist with annual hazard assessment review procedure.
- Maintain safety work boot reimbursement spreadsheet.
- Prepare templates, letters, forms and documents for the health and safety program and commercial transportation program as needed.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings and other special time commitments.
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Coursework and/or experience in Health and Safety are strongly preferred; achieving a Health and Safety Certificate within the first two years is expected.
- Completed AMHSA OHSMS course (preferred)
- Requires someone who is passionate about the health and safety of employees.
- Minimum four years (4) years of progressively responsible and diversified experience in administrative work.
- Fully competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data reporting systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and good political judgement.
- Experience taking minutes and meeting administration.
- Able to build good working relationships across the organization.
- Able to complete work in an atmosphere of short timelines and constantly changing priorities.
Position is being considered for permanent status pending budget approval.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.jobs. Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.