The Administrative Assistant of Infrastructure Services is responsible to perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties while maintaining confidentiality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager of Infrastructure Services.
- Assist with general correspondence and follow-up actions of a routine nature.
- Generate, review and edit documents and correspondence for accuracy and grammatical usage.
- Drafting and developing service agreements.
- Operate the computerized accounts payable software system to ensure entries are performed in a timely manner.
- Verify and/or provide a general ledger code for processing.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the departments administrative and project filing system to assist in the storage and retrieval of documents.
- Generate, maintain, and update various databases as required (ie. gravel, capital projects, inventory, daily call in complaints).
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- File and maintain documents in the Municipality’s manual and electronic filing systems.
- Assist with the development and implementation of specified projects.
- Maintain the fixed asset inventory including the registration of new units.
- Maintain a complete inventory listing to ensure construction materials and supplies are replenished.
- Post-secondary education preferably in business or administration.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience; preferably in a municipal setting.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Exercise discretion when coordinating and performing assigned duties.
- Ability to prioritize, adapt or solve problems related to changes in work or schedules to meet the required deadlines or objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Good computer knowledge, including MS Office products.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-4524