Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Stakeholder Relations with dotted line accountability to the Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Corporate and Stakeholder Relations Branch and, working in concert with the Administrative Support Team, for providing overall comprehensive administrative support to the Board and EMRB Administration, and serves as office receptionist
EMRB was created in April 2008 with the promulgation by the Province of Alberta of the Capital Region Board Regulation. The Board is a Growth Management Board under the Municipal Government Act (MGA). The Regulation identifies the authorities and responsibilities of the Board including the preparation and implementation of the Regional Growth Plan, Metropolitan Servicing Plan, and other fiduciary responsibilities as outlined. The MGA and Regulation govern the overall operations of the Board.
The EMRB is made up of the 13 urban and rural municipalities from within the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. The Board’s primary functions include regional long range planning, public policy development and advocacy.
The Administrative Assistant position provides a high level of administrative support and is responsible for:
- Preparing correspondence, meeting materials, presentations, meeting notes and minutes;
- Maintaining the master motion tracker for the organization
- Booking and scheduling meetings;
- Handling requests and inquiries and redirecting where appropriate;
- Developing templates and other tools to standardize workflow management practices;
- Establishing and implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies to monitor and support branch projects and initiatives;
- As part of the Administrative Support Team, providing Board and Committee meetings support, including:
- Assembling, proofing, editing, and distributing agenda packages;
- Assembling meeting box for Board and Committee meetings (tent cards, seating plans, contracts, AV requirements, etc)
- Preparing and maintaining distribution lists, contact lists, and stakeholders lists;
- Managing event bookings and meeting logistics (e.g. scheduling attendees, room procurement, equipment, food, etc.);
- Setting-up boardrooms and equipment for in-house Board and Committee meetings;
- Supporting the management of the systems document and agenda workflows;
- Taking and preparing meeting minutes and meeting notes and,
- Preparing approved minutes for Chair signature and uploading onto website.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Office Manager, including:
- Assisting with member expense claims and maintaining master spread sheet
- Maintaining and enhancing the filing system for EMRB Administration and the Board
- Supporting other office management back up and other duties, as required
- Providing overall office support, including:
- Managing the front reception and dealing with telephone and walk-in inquiries;
- Receiving, reviewing and forwarding mail from mail room and general email for the organization to the appropriate person for action;
- Distribution of external outgoing materials when required (mail, courier, etc)
- Maintaining the master agenda planner
- Maintaining the master booking calendar for the organization;
- Maintaining the master vacation tracker for the organization
- Maintaining the master usernames/passwords for the organization
- Reviewing office and equipment conditions to assist with the effective operation of the EMRB Administration, identifying and following-up on equipment/service issues and inventorying and procuring office supplies;
- Supporting and assisting EA to the CEO, as required;
- Providing back up for EA to the CEO and Project Coordinator in their absence;
- Maintaining professional appearance and cleanliness of the reception area, boardrooms and office kitchen; and,
- Other administrative support duties as required.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Corporate and Stakeholder Relations, with a dotted line to the Executive Assistant, and is ultimately responsible to the EMRB CEO.
Skills and Experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Intermediate working knowledge of administrative systems and processes including general office policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-direction, initiative, and discretion.
- Understanding of standards, policies, procedures and practices that affect Boards and Committees.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Relevant experience in municipal and provincial government or other public sector organization would be an asset.
Please submit resumes by September 11, 2020 @ 4:30pm: