Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farm-land, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Administrative Support, Human Resources is responsible for providing general and human resource specific administrative support to the Manager as well as the overall Human Resources department while ensuring strict confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: MAJOR
- Take on various projects, as assigned by the Manager, Human Resources
- Provide administrative support to different areas of Human Resources, as directed by the Manager, Human Resources
- Attend meetings when requested by the Manager, Human Resources, primarily with the responsibility of minute taking
- Draft and prepare contracts, agreements, templates, and correspondence, as required
- Submit invoicing to accounts payable • Maintain personnel files, both soft and hard copy
- Data entry, file creation, filing of documents, and uploading documents
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory control
- Scheduling duties for the Human Resources Department such as, scheduling meetings, reserving meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, booking interviews and arranging training events, etc, as required
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision
- Human Resources degree would be considered an asset
- A minimum 3 years’ office administrative experience
- A combination of education/experience may be considered
- Ability to handle sensitive personal information with strict confidentially
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from Management, employees and candidates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Excellent time management skills
- Must be detail oriented • Excellent organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work well within a team
- Must be flexible as nature of work is subject to change
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Some light lifting
- Extensive use of telephone and computer
- Long periods of sitting
- Good lighting, temperature and noise control
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however, occasional overtime may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY:
All employees of the Municipal District are governed by and must be compliant with the Municipal District Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume (stating the position you are applying to), in one of the following ways:
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote the position in the subject line)
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079,
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
Confidential Fax: 780-524-3981
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.