With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes. We are currently inviting applications for an:
APPLICATION DEVELOPER/SUPPORT ANALYST
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time Application Developer/Support Analyst position available within the Information Services Department. Under the general direction of the Manager, Business Solutions, the Application Developer/Support Analyst provides application maintenance and support to minimize service disruption and facilitate operations. This position involves end-to-end solution delivery and maintenance of Information Technology applications and services. Work requires knowledge in designated technologies, within an application layer, and an awareness of integration with adjoining technologies or applications. Work assignments involve a mix of new and existing technologies including awareness of emerging technologies. Work also includes defining application support standards, investigation of errors with applications, identification of root cause, and resolution of issues.
- Degree in a related discipline and 4 years of relevant experience; Post-secondary diploma in a related discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR; One year related certificate and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical experience with .NET/C#, SQL Server with desired experience with Dynamics 365 and Azure.
- Minimum 3 years of integration experience.
- ITIL v4 certification would be considered an asset.
- Powershell Scripting experience and knowledge of PowerApps and Flow would be an asset.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
- Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at https://www.parklandcounty.com
- Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
- For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.