The main purpose of this job is Supervising the Eastlink Centre and Grande Prairie Outdoor Pool aquatic staff in the delivery of all Aquatic programs and services within the Aquatic’s department for the City of Grande Prairie. This position is also required to support all programming, with regards to business planning, quality assurance and customer service requirements. This position is responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations of the Aquatics department by ensuring all staff have the skills and resources necessary to carry out the many jobs in the Aquatics department. Direct leadership support to all aquatics staff in the following areas:
- Strategic planning in programming and recreation of Aquatics throughout the City of Grande Prairie.
- Scheduling of all Aquatic staff based on operational need and legislated requirements.
- Training and orientation of staff on safety procedures, protocols, service excellence and best practices.
- Communicates and looks for new strategies for ongoing efficiencies.
- On boarding of certified, qualified aquatics staff including resume selection, interviews, prepare hiring packages.
- Support staff after rescues, traumatic situations in Aquatic Manager’s absence & dealing with difficult patrons.
- Performance management of staff including ongoing one-on-ones, performance plans and performance reviews.
- Define and outline daily duties and expectations of staff.
- Team development by identifying staff strengths and encourage growth.
The successful candidate in this role will also work in collaboration with other supervisors and managers of the Community Knowledge Campus leadership team.
In this leadership position you will work with multiple CUPE staff and facility operations of 7 days a week from early morning to late in the evening. You will stay ahead of aquatics trends and respond to the community need ensuring that services offered will be utilized. You will be scheduling the staff for required business operations. You will offer programs and services that keep the strategic business priorities top of in mind while balancing and meeting budgeted revenues and expenses. Scheduling and programming priorities will be implemented with efficiency and have balance with user groups and citizens. You will work and administer processes and staffing schedules, in alignment to the CUPE Collective agreement.
- Experience with various Aquatic society’s (Red Cross, Lifesaving Society)
- 5 + years Aquatic experience
- 3 + years supervisory and leadership experience
- Previous supervisory experience with a large part-time complement of staff
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR - or equivalent
- Advanced Lifeguarding/Leadership Courses
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer related skills - Microsoft Office, Recreation Software
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
Certificate / Diploma in Aquatic Administration or Operation is an asset
Certificate / Diploma in Recreation Management is an asset
35 hours a week, within the operational facility schedule Sunday - Saturday 5:30am-9:30pm.
$42.93 / hour
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within one month of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" button on the following webpage.
2. Applications will be reviewed, short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.