The Arena Manager will be a customer service oriented individual responsible for managing all aspects, meeting rooms, and events in the Family Centre.
The Arena Manager is responsible and accountable for managing all aspects of the Family Centre (arena) facility including short and long-term planning, daily operations, as well as the facility, financial and human resources management. The Arena Manager oversees the facility and staff scheduling, operations, safety, and customer satisfaction of the year-round facility.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring the facility (arena) is operating properly, including but not limited to the installation and maintenance of ice and boards;
- Overseeing the maintenance of facility systems, including but not limited to HVAC, ice plant, boilers, etc.;
- Maintain a strong customer-focused approach when responding to general customer inquiries and resolve any scheduling or staff conflicts;
- Act as the primary contact for the Family Centre to support relationships with various organizations that utilize the facility;
- Provide leadership to full and part-time staff to facilitate building operations.
Education: A technical institute diploma or equivalent in recreation facility operations and maintenance, sport management or parks and recreation.
Preference will be given to those with the following certifications:
- Arena Operator Level I, II
- Arena Maintenance – Olympia Certification
- Building Maintenance Level I, II
- Supervisory Skills for Facility Operators
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in an arena.
- Strong leadership skills to support a large and diverse staff as well as strong communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision; and
- Self-directed and self-motivated
Must have valid First Aid and CPR certification.
Why the Town of Strathmore?
The Town of Strathmore provides a range of services and programs that promote the well being of the Strathmore community, “Where Quality is the Way of Life”. Striving to be a leader in municipal administration and operations, the Town has a strong and engaged team focused on delivering these services to the citizens of Strathmore.
In addition to attractive career opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package including:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive insurance and benefits package and a flexible health spending and wellness component
- Local Authorities Pension Plan for eligible employees
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications, quoting the competition number TOS2019-17 to:
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1
or Email: email@example.com
This competition will remain open until 4:00 pm, Friday, July 26, 2019.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.