As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents. The beautiful lake, excellent schools, safe communities, pleasant neighbourhoods, growing opportunities, and an 18-hole golf course all contribute to the ambiance of a family friendly oasis. By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to Council’s vision for the City of Chestermere.
The City is currently seeking a fulltime (37.5 hours per week) Asset Management Coordinator to join our team. As a member of the Civil Engineering team, this position provides senior level technical support of the municipality’s overall operations and development.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Support the management of the City’s infrastructure portfolio now and into the future thereby sustaining service delivery for the citizens.
- Data collection, database creation and management.
- Technical support to Engineering, GIS, Planning, Development and other City departments.
Consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration, Geographic Information Systems or other related discipline from a recognized post secondary institution with 4 years of progressively responsible experience related to municipal asset management; or
- College Diploma in a related discipline with 5 years of relevant and practical demonstrated public/private sector experience.
- Clear Criminal Record Check deemed satisfactory by the City.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and a Driver’s Abstract deemed satisfactory by the City.
- Knowledge of Cityworks, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS online, ArcGIS, desktop XML and SQL relational databases will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian and international asset management standards and best practices with a focus on the municipal sector.
- Experience in project management, as it relates to asset management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form, e.g., maintain ongoing communication to anticipate and prevent potential problems, develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with Council, staff, the public and other stakeholders.
- Experience in leading and facilitating workshops and working sessions with stakeholders.
A detailed job description is attached. The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
At our small and unique City, we take pride in supporting one another. We are looking for an Asset Management Coordinator who can tackle technical details as well as enjoy a laugh with their co-workers. If that sounds like you, let’s chat. Submit a cover-letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2019- Asset Management Coordinator by 4:00 pm, Friday March 15, 2019 to:
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road
Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: J Popoff
Fax: (403) 204-7681