The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
We’re a place where you can grow. We’re a place where you’re encouraged to learn and be innovative. We’re a place where people take ownership and do what they say they’ll do. We’re a place where colleagues are friends and neighbours are customers. We’re a place where health, wellness and safety are top of mind. We’re a place where you just might be a perfect fit.
The City of Airdrie is currently recruiting for a full-time Asset Management Specialist (AMS) to join the Asset Management team supporting the City’s Water Services division. Reporting to the Team Leader, Asset Management the AMS is responsible for supporting the Water Services division to improve work order, maintenance management and lifecycle planning practices within the business area.
The specialist will work directly with vertical and horizontal asset information to support a consistent and comprehensive approach to infrastructure operations, maintenance and lifecycle management.
The position requires a general understanding of the workings and needs of the City as it relates to Water Services within the context of operations, repair and maintenance practices.
- • Responsible for the accuracy, integrity and quality of Water Services asset information within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS/Cityworks) and the GIS environment (which may involve data collection, data correction or data updates)
- • Align all work with best practices for Asset Management, work order management, maintenance management, service levels and lifecycle management
- • Track existing assets, addition of new assets including the performance tracking for operations and maintenance (O&M) activities
- • Develop and implement standardized business processes, workflows, reporting structures including system configurations
- • Collaborate with operational staff to identify the types of maintenance activities required for various asset classes
- • Coordinate with operational staff to update work plans, preventive maintenance schedules, asset information, work order updates, as needed
- • Adept at compiling, analyzing, interpreting and reporting asset management data as the foundation for lifecycle planning and decision-making
- • Generate maps and visual aids for analysis and reporting, analyses data, and develop quality control procedures to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness of data; format data records and/or facilitate the transfer of files into the GIS database
- • Collaborate with GIS and Application support to improve the database interface and overall system performance
- • Provide support and training to CMMS/Cityworks users; collaborate with end users on system and business process enhancements to improve service delivery
- • Work with Finance to support Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) reporting requirements
- • Other duties as the position evolves
- • Degree or diploma in Business, Engineering, IT, GIS or similar
- • 3 to 5 years of increasing responsibility working with asset management and GIS data within an ArcGIS environment
- • Experience working with Cityworks or other CMMS systems as an advanced user who has full knowledge of software functionality and business processes
- • Awareness of and aptitude for applying the international standards for asset management practices including IIMM, PAS 55 or ISO 55000 to any type of infrastructure such as water, roads, parks and facilities is highly desirable
- • Direct experience with day-to-day operations and field staff performing all aspects of infrastructure operations, maintenance and management is preferred
- • Working knowledge of Water Services (distribution, drainage, sanitary) is preferred
- • Familiarity with municipal government operations is preferred
- • Growth and entrepreneurial mindset with an appetite for influencing and leading change
- • Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- • Proactive communication skills with a proven ability to successfully problem solve
- • Committed team player with a strong service and excellent relationship building skills
- • Business and process optimization
- • Highly organized, with demonstrated attention to detail
- • Ability to manage time and priorities effectively
- • Adapt well in an ever changing environment
- • Ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment
- • Ability to interact effectively at all staff levels and to develop effective working relationships
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, our employees also enjoy:
- • Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- • First-in-class pension plan
- • Career development and tuition reimbursement
- • Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This is a full time position (37.5 hours per week) and includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package. Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca.
Position ID: J0919-0049
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Asset Management
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: September 18, 2019
Min Salary: $35.85/Hour
Max Salary: $44.81/Hour
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca.