The Village of Wabamun is seeking a permanent full time Assistant Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). The Assistant CAO is accountable to the Chief Administrative Officer. The Assistant CAO will be actively involved with developing and preparing Council Agendas, Minutes, Bylaws, Policies and Budgets.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- A degree in a related field, coupled with substantial experience in senior municipal administration. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience in a managerial capacity, in regards to operational budgeting, capital expenditures, and employee management.
- Excellent working knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal finance.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability regarding interaction with the public.
- A broad understanding of municipal government processes and legislation.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
This position is primarily Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and attendance at Council meetings as required.
This position has a competitive salary that will be contingent upon experience and qualifications. The Village has an excellent benefit/pension plan available after successful completion of probationary period.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume listing qualifications, experience and education by 12:00 noon, March 31, 2020, to the address below. We thank all individuals for your interest, however, only the candidates selected for interviews bill be contacted.
Village of Wabamun
Wabamun, AB T0E 2K0 Phone 780-892-2699
This posting may remain open until a suitable candidate is found.