Stoney Nation is looking for a highly experienced, highly skilled Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) to join its Administrative team.
Located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain’s, 65km west of Calgary, the Stoney Nation is like a Federal, Provincial and Municipal government combined housing three First Nations, three schools, three health centres, a public works department, over $117 million in annual revenues, 650+ employees and about 45 separate financial reporting entities.
In addition to a CPA designation, you must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have expert skills in excel and have a desire to challenge yourself in an environment where you can make a positive contribution to the development and oversight of financial accountabilities in a progressive and empowering setting.
Reporting to the senior management team, the Assistant Controllers duties will include, but not limited to, management and involvement in all accounting functions;
- Planning, directing and coordinating various accounting functions.
- Ensuring that systems of internal control and procedures are appropriate and in place.
- Managing funding agreements, bank deposits, funding transfers and other funding agreement related duties.
- Internal management reporting and external financial reporting.
- Maintenance of general ledger and general ledger reconciliation.
- Financial statement preparation including audit working paper and lead sheet preparation.
- Other non-routine, complex accounting assignments requiring highly developed analytical skills and business acumen.
Alongside the beautiful views, the Nation offers a highly attractive compensation and benefits package with an 8:30 am to 4:30 pm office setting.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter and to
Stoney Tribal Administration
c/o Stoney Nakoda Human Resources
This opportunity will remain open until appropriate candidates are found. We thank all applicants for their interest in the First Nation but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.