Reporting to the Manager, Benefit Services, this position plays a key role by representing the Alberta Municipal Service Corporation’s (AMSC) Benefits Department within a team of professionals delivering benefits services to AMSC members. Maintenance of the quality of service provided to participants and potential participants will be of the highest degree, providing members with confidence that they have made, or will make, the right choice in selecting AMSC as their Benefits Program provider.
Full Time, Permanent
Level 3 - Consultant
Education and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in relevant field or commensurate experience;
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Group Benefits Associate (GBA), or other relevant designation is an asset;
- Life and Accident & Sickness License is required, or must be obtained within first six (6) months.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a Third Party Administrator (TPA) or Benefits’ Consulting environment;
- Proven sensitivity in a public sector service delivery environment as well as an optimistic, yet realistic, focus on results;
- Strong knowledge of group benefits and products, such as basic group life, health, dental, and disability insurance with the ability to interpret policy contract wording;
- Relevant experience with presentation delivery would be an asset.
Skills and Attributes
- Highly organized and positive individual, who is team-oriented;
- The ability to interact with plan administrators to identify their concerns and needs in respect to employee benefits and related services;
- The ability to develop sound relationships with staff, plan members, key partners and service providers;
- The ability to function independently with minimal supervision, assume initiative, comply with deadlines, and to work concurrently on a variety of tasks;
- Willing to use all available resources to complete tasks effectively and efficiently;
- The ability to develop strong consultative skills;
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and self-directed;
- Adaptable and open to change;
- Committed to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement in the workplace;
- Thrives under pressure;
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to use third party computer based customer data files and records.
- Applies exemplary customer service skills that promote AUMA/AMSC vision and values;
- Maintains strong existing customer relationships and ensures participating members and potential participants receive the highest level of customer service through day-to-day administration of the program;
- Provides timely and accurate responses to all enquiries regarding coverage, process and claims management;
- Administer ongoing enrollment and adjustments and Implement new and changing employee benefits programs in a courteous and efficient manner;
- Produces monthly invoices on a timely basis that accurately reflect changes in status of program participants;
- Encourages and promotes products and services at every opportunity and identifies emerging or changing client needs;
- Provides information in support of development and delivery of an ongoing communications program to keep participants informed of developments regarding design and delivery of benefits services;
- Responds appropriately to enquiries from participants while recognizing that the individual municipal program administrators will have varying levels of knowledge, ability, and authority;
- Maintains effective customer focused working relationships with other providers of products and services related to effective delivery of the benefits program;
- Ensures plan design changes are completed in a timely manner by coordinating with all stakeholders involved;
- Ensures that challenges and opportunities regarding service delivery processes and member needs are identified, assessed, and made known;
- Facilitates and delivers onsite or virtual plan administrator/employee information visits and annual regional plan administrator information sessions;
- As required, participates in the information management and reporting processes needed to ensure the fiscal integrity of the benefits program;
- Involved in the onboaring process and training of new and existing staff;
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel is occasionally required.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with cover letter to Jeff Simpson, Senior Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.
Selection of people to perform this position is based on matching their knowledge, skills, competencies, and behaviours to the work to be performed so that the best qualified candidates are chosen. AUMA is committed to employment practices that are unbiased with regard to equal opportunity of employment. AUMA makes every effort to be in compliance with the Alberta Human Rights Legislation.