The Town of Redwater is situated just 35 minutes north east of Edmonton and borders the Alberta Industrial Heartland; this community is poised for significant growth. Redwater offers great recreation, culture, education and health care to the area residents. Visit our website to learn more about our great community: www.redwater.ca.
If you enjoy working in a positive environment and are looking for a career opportunity that encourages growth and educational opportunities, this position will interest you. Our team is seeking an individual who is highly motivated and enthusiastic who will fill the role of Bylaw Enforcement Officer.
Reporting to the Town Manager, the Bylaw Enforcement Officer is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with municipal bylaws. Responsibilities include:
· Conducting routine patrols
· Responding to and investigating bylaw enforcement related complaints
· Issuing notices, tickets and tags
· Working collaboratively with various enforcement agencies (RCMP, Alberta Fish & Wildlife, SPCA, Humane Society)
· Developing ongoing information in relation to bylaw compliance in the community
· Applicants must be available to work various shifts that include a rotation of days, some evenings and weekends
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Comprehensive understanding of bylaw enforcement functions and protocols
· Post secondary education in law enforcement is an asset
· Knowledge of applicable provisions of the Municipal Government Act
· Competent with Microsoft Office programs
· Class 5 Alberta driver’s license
A detailed position description is available on our website: www.redwater.ca
The Town of Redwater provides a competitive salary and benefit package. Range for this position is $58,361 - $71,142. Please forward your resume and three work related references to:
Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
Fax: (780)942-4321 Ph: (780)942-3519
Deadline for submissions of résumés is September 13, 2019.
The Town of Redwater thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.