The Town of Pincher Creek is located East of the Canadian Rockies and provides a wonderful mix of rural and urban amenities. An outdoor enthusiast’s dream with the Rockies at your door step the possibilities are endless from hiking, fishing, wind surfing and skiing Pincher Creek has it all!
The Town of Pincher Creek fosters a team environment, recognizing the strengths of others. At the Town of Pincher Creek, we believe that mutual trust and respect, shared responsibility, and open communication are essential characteristics for creating personal success within a first class working environment
The Town of Pincher Creek has an opening for a full time Capital Projects / Asset Coordinator to supplement our ongoing focus in the delivery of customer service excellence.
Nature of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal candidate for this position holds a degree or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology along with a minimum of two (2) years related experience, preferably in a municipal setting. The Capital Projects / Asset Coordinator will provide a lead role in the development and maintenance of a corporate wide asset management registry for the Town of Pincher Creek. This position will also provide project management and support in the planning, development, and implementation of the Town of Pincher Creek’s Infrastructure Master Plan (IMP) 2010.
The Capital Projects / Asset Coordinator will be responsible for life cycle cost analysis and asset risk management to prioritize expenditures related to the replacement / rehabilitation of Town assets and infrastructure. Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) and /or eligibility for membership in the Alberta Society of Technologists (ASET) is required. The successful candidate will have strong Communication skills with demonstrated knowledge of materials, methods, and tools required for the construction of Municipal and Capital projects.
Additional related duties of the Capital Projects / Asset Coordinator position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop life-cycle management programs for infrastructure assets, including roads, bridges, sanitary collection and treatment systems, water distribution systems, storm water management systems, solid waste transfer sites, buildings and building systems, and other tangible capital assets (TCA’s)
- Incorporate existing asset management processes, tools, and initiatives into a single corporate reporting structure and inventory system to be used in conjunction with the existing Town of Pincher Creek GIS system.
- Coordinate and / or perform condition assessments of all Town of Pincher Creek infrastructure assets on an ongoing basis.
- Work with various departments to estimate future costs for replacement, rehabilitation, or general maintenance requirements for all assets using industry standard practices.
- Review impacts of continued growth of existing assets with consideration to resources required to maintain service levels, as well as identifying future service expansion and required resources.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to provide technical information for the Long Term Financial Planning, Tangible Capital Assets, and Full Cost Accounting function.
- Review, research, and report on technical specifications and standards related to infrastructure construction and maintenance in an effort to improve current programs and systems.
- Perform cost/ benefit analysis and risk management analysis related to asset management.
- Assist in budgeting and 5-year capital plan formulation, utilizing information derived from the Asset Management System.
- Undertake other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as required or assigned within the scope of the position.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in municipal and/or civil related field, primarily as project management.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Demonstrate experience in managing multiple municipal infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and experience in Asset Management Plan Development, and the use of Asset Management software.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of municipal infrastructure design, as well as contract administration of projects and Asset Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, as well as engineering-related software.
- Familiarity with Geomatics Engineering Technology – a discipline which integrates gathering, modeling, analysis, management and presentation of spatially referenced data.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license with acceptable drivers abstract.
- Acceptable criminal records check.
Job Classification: In accordance with CUPE Local 927 and Town of Pincher Creek agreement. Article 14 a (i)
RATE OF PAY: $31.13 (Probation period) $35.93 job rate
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00am – 4:30pm – Monday through Friday
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable applicant is found
Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualification and experience to the:
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
or email email@example.com
We wish to thank everyone who submits an application; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.