The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing support, advocacy, and coordination of services to residents within the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) mandate of prevention. This position will support the clients’ self-identified goals and will work collaboratively with the client to create a client-centered service plan. This position collaborates with regional partners to identify gaps in service, share resource information and address community needs. The Case Manager reports to the Supervisor - FCSS Individual Client Services.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Client Support and Navigation:
- Provide support, advocacy and coordination of services with clients experiencing a variety of complex social issues.
- Complete assessments to determine what resources and supports are needed.
- Collaborate with clients to develop a comprehensive, client-centered service plan and support the implementation of services with residents following case management best practices.
- Provide mentorship and coaching with clients to self-advocate, negotiate and access supports, including medical, social, mental health, financial and housing.
- Use sound judgment to analyze circumstances and recognize potential crisis and follow appropriate policies, procedures and processes when dealing with crisis.
- Report all health and safety incidents and near misses as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain timely and accurate client records in accordance with applicable standards, policies and regulations using the Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database.
- Retain client information in accordance with FCSS, Alberta College of Social Workers and Corporate Classification Policies.
- Attend relevant inter-agencies and collaborate with other professionals to identify gaps in services in the community, share resource information, and address community needs.
- Advocate for changes at a systems level for equality, diversity and inclusion of all residents.
- Develop and maintain a network of community resources and professional contacts as resources to assist clients.
- Build relationships with community agencies and organizations to increase our capacity and strengthen our response with respect to client service delivery.
- Lead, monitor and evaluate special projects as assigned that align with broader Community Social Development strategies.
- Work collaboratively to develop effective program evaluation and reporting for the Individual Client Services unit including; developing program logic models and accompanying outcome measurements; data collection tools and evaluation practices including mechanisms for continuous improvement.
- Inform and support social planning initiatives and strategies by acting as a Subject Matter Expert in relationship to direct client services including; identifying needs, trends and key learnings in our region and provincially.
- Maintain ongoing professional development that is required for licensing with the Alberta College of Social Workers.
- Diploma/Degree in the area of Social Work
- Four (4) to six (6) years of related experience in direct client service delivery.
- Registered Social Worker designation required
- Mental Health First Aid Certification - preferred
- Assist Certification - preferred
- De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations- preferred
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org to view the full position description and to apply online.