Located 1 hour South of Calgary and 45 minutes Northwest of Lethbridge on highway 2, Claresholm is a progressive and growing community of 3800 people. It provides the best of small town living with many of the amenities of a larger center. The Town has great recreation facilities, schools, health care facilities and is a great place for all ages to live and flourish. An abundant land bank for potential development, ease of access to natural resources and markets, low housing costs, ample amenities and services, and a unique focus on active living and thrilling events position the town for industrial, consumer and residential attraction. For additional information visit our website at Claresholm.ca.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town bylaws, and policies as set by Council. The CAO will provide leadership to twenty- eight permanent, full-time staff and several part-time employees.
- Responsible for coordinating and directing the affairs of the municipality
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing and executing policies and strategies to satisfy the goals of Council
- Provide leadership to all Town employees
- Develop community relationships by providing support to the community
- Encourage partnerships with neighboring municipalities for the greater good of the region.
- Ensure that the Town staff are committed to providing continued excellent service to the general public and the business community
- Provide effective and efficient fiscal management
- Discharge all legislative and bylaw requirements
- Post-secondary education in public or business administration, or a combination of relevant training and experience
- Completed or working towards a designation in local government administration is preferred
- A minimum 3 years senior leadership experience in a municipal setting
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse field of elected officials, boards, volunteers, the public and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think innovatively for new and better solutions
- A complete understanding of the budgeting process and Public Sector accounting
- Knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act and other relevant legislation.
- Capable of developing and executing a sound policy-based and cross-organizational approach to strategic planning
- Ability to develop a positive/constructive administrative team
- Ability to implement development plans, capital works plans and infrastructure improvement programs.
Visit our website at claresholm.ca for the complete job description.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume to:
Mayor and Council
Town of Claresholm
c/o Human Resources
HR@claresholm.ca (with CAO in subject line)
In person at: 111-55 Ave West, Claresholm
Mail to: PO Box 1000, Claresholm, AB T0L 0T0
Closing date is May 28th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.