The Council of the Village of Champion is currently seeking applicants for the position of Chief Administrative Officer. Located 22km south of Vulcan and 75km north of Lethbridge on Highway 23, Champion is small town living at its best.
The successful candidate would report to Council and be responsible for the following:
- Recording and maintaining the minutes for all Council meetings
- Ensure the safekeeping of all minutes, bylaws and other records and documentation of the Village
- Preparation of agendas for all Council meetings
- Ensure that all revenues are collected and controlled as per Council direction
- Ensure that all expenditures are made in compliance of section 248 of the Municipal Government Act
- Maintain an accurate record of the financial affairs of the Village
- Preparation of the yearly budget
- Preparation of yearly financial statements
- Preparation of the annual property tax levy
- Supervises and directs all municipal staff
- Ensure that village operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner
- Efficiently move capital projects through conceptual phases to completion
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Local Government Certificate or equivalent level of education and experience
- Knowledge of municipal administration procedures
- Knowledge of parliamentary and administrative procedures
- Knowledge of municipal accounting, budget development and financial reporting requirements
Remuneration based on experience. Council appreciates the interest and effort of all applicants in applying for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position please email email@example.com.