The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is the administrative head of the municipality, ensures that the policies and programs of the municipality are implemented; advises and informs the council on the operation and affairs of the municipality; and performs the duties and functions and exercises the powers assigned to a Chief Administrative Officer by this and other enactments or assigned by Council.
Education & Experience
- Post secondary degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Commerce or Public Administration or a degree in a related municipal function such as Planning, Engineering, Recreation or Social Services.
- Masters in Business or Public Administration preferred.
- Certified Local Government Manager status.
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years of extensive and/or progressive senior leadership experience in a local government setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience in other relevant settings.
- A positive record of working effectively with elected officials or boards of governors, local government staff, community volunteers, board and committees, and public participation processes.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organization development and achieving results in building teams and effective employee relations.
- Exposure to implement development plans, capital works and infrastructure programs.
- Experience in a multi-dimensional service organization with proven ability to provide focus and leadership, adapting and integrating planning, policy and program initiatives.
- A proven track record of accomplishments and career advancement.
For further details please see our website www.lacombe.ca
If you believe this is the right career opportunity for you, please submit your resume in confidence by January 20, 2018 to Barbara Wilton, Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com
Interviews are to be scheduled on February 20, 2018.