The Town of Redwater is located about 30 minutes NE of Edmonton, Alberta. We are home to over 2,050 residents, approximately 120 businesses, and we are located only 5 km north of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland. Redwater is a safe and secure community with an RCMP detachment securely ensconced in the community. The Town owns its own Natural Gas Utility, is on the Capital Region NE Water Line, is home to Pembina Place Meeting and Recreation Facility, and has its own 9-hole in-town golf course. With health and protective services, there are excellent educational options and opportunities. Please visit our website for additional information on the community at www.redwater.ca
Reporting to the Mayor and six Town Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town bylaws, and policies as set by Council. With 24 FTE’s, and a combined budget of $9M, you will:
- Offer effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Deliver solid leadership to the senior management team and Town staff.
- Ensure appropriate financial and administrative systems are in place.
- Ensure that Town staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A post-secondary degree, combined with a thorough understanding of local government, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership and direction and the ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, Boards and committees, and the general public.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building strong team relations.
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement programs.