Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the successful applicant will hold a key leadership role as the administrative head of the municipality responsible for the overall administration of the Town together with the overall planning, co-ordination and control of all municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, goals and policies approved by Council. The CAO will function as the Development Officer and By-law Officer.
The Town of Manning is a small community located in a rural setting just 1 hour north of the Town of Peace River with a population of 1,183. Town of Manning features a Fire Department RCMP Detachment, Hockey Arena and many other community staples such as schools, library, community hall, and golf course and business services and other family and community social services.
Preferences will be given to applicants who possess:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or enrolment in or completion of a certificate in Local Government Administration.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience.
- An ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, boards and committees and the public participation processes.
- A thorough understanding of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement programs.
- Strong computer, budgeting and accounting skills and financial management is essential.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. An excellent benefits package is available as well as the opportunity for professional development.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
Town of Manning
P.O. Box 125,
Manning, Alberta T0H 2M0