Saddle Hills County, with a population of approximately 2300, is situated in the Central Peace Region of northwestern Alberta. Home to a diverse and prosperous agricultural community, Saddle Hills County also contains rich deposits of natural gas and oil for which Alberta is so well known. The County office is located approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes north and west of the City of Grande Prairie and 45 minutes east of the City of Dawson Creek.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Senior managerial experience in local government together with post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or certification in local government management would be an asset. An equivalent combination of relevant management experience and education from other sectors, however, will be considered.
- The ability to work with, lead, support, and manage the performance of a highly participative
- and cohesive team of managers who are responsible to meet the needs of the community in a unified manner with excellent customer service and a high degree of personal initiative.
- The ability to work collaboratively with Council in building the community and effectively representing the interests of the County.
- Proven strong collaborative and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including government officials at all levels, businesses, community and regional groups, Council, staff, and individual citizens.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
Applications are preferred by email. Please reply in confidence by July 8, 2019.
HR Group Management Consultants
Attn: Dimitri Pojidaeff
56 Melrose Crescent
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3V1
Toll Free: 1-888-474-5463