Smoky Lake Foundation is looking for a Chief Administrative Officer with leadership experience in Seniors’ housing and supportive living care, to help build age and ability friendly communities that our residents desire. This person will demonstrate the following character and values: respect, compassion, accountability, integrity, innovation and inclusiveness to become our Chief Administrative Officer. He or she will have excellent interpersonal skills to help build important relationships and support to help our Foundation move forward with providing services to our residents now and in the future. He or she will be involved in community engagement to ensure we are sustainable now and into the future by planning and organization. He or she will have experience working with a “not for profit” Board of Directors and its responsibilities to the various levels of government as well as an understanding of seniors’ supportive living and housing legislation, standards and policies.
As Chief Administrative Officer you will manage daily administrative operations reporting directly to and being accountable to the Board of Directors of the Smoky Lake Foundation. You will work with the management team and the Board of Directors to create, manage, and lead our team to meet the Values and Mission statement of our Foundation. Major responsibilities would include: ensuring budgets are set and adhered to, ensure effective use of staffing and resources, improve policies and procedures; follow and create long term business plans and goals; build strategic relationships with other agencies; an understanding of contract negotiations with Alberta Health Services and other agencies. Ensure an understanding of the Foundation and its roles within our communities; and strive to continually look to the needs of our organization and residents to change and improve technologies as they become available.
Experience and Skills
- Five years of experience in a senior administrative role working cooperating with a Board of Directors.
- A passion, connection and understanding of senior’s housing and supportive living care operations and requirements.
- An understanding of Alberta legislation, industry standards, and best practices; considered an asset.
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Possess HR and LR skills with the ability to work collaboratively with employees.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development, and achieving results in building team relations.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works, and infrastructure improvement programs.
Post-secondary education such as a Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in a related field. A combination of relevant experience and education will also be considered.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Competitive salary based on experience and education.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com or mail to:
Smoky Lake Foundation
Smoky Lake AB, T0A 3C0