The Village of Glenwood is now accepting applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
The Village of Glenwood is seeking an organized, detail oriented, innovative and energetic person to fill the position of the Chief Administrative Officer. The CAO is responsible for providing effective advice and support to the Mayor and council in developing, implementing and executing day to day affairs of the village as set out in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), village bylaws, policies and strategies. This person will have strong communication and supervisory skills to ensure that the village administration and public works staff provide excellent service to our residents. The CAO will have the ability to multi-task, work independently, and function in a high performance, fast-paced work environment. Some evening work will be required. A certificate in local government administration and/or post-secondary Certification in Business Administration would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Past experience, preferably in local government or public service
- Leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive working environment and a cohesive team of staff, council and surrounding municipalities.
- A strong understanding of budgeting and maintaining a strong financial base.
- A proven background in strategic planning, implementing and driving results in a team environment.
- Proficiency in addressing and managing public relations and conflict resolution.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc
- Excellent communication skills, including grammar and spelling (oral and written).
- Efficiency and thoroughness (optimizing time and resources ensuring high quality work).
- A focus on results (brings initiatives to a successful conclusion).
- A relationship building attitude (positive interactions with others).
- An attitude of excellent customer service.
- A tolerance for stress (remains focused during distracting and stressful situations).
- The ability to work well alone or in a team building and teamwork environment (collaborates with others to achieve common goals).
- Circumspect and secure approach to privileged information.
- A commitment to integrity, honesty, excellence, courtesy, and diligence.
- A strong willingness to learn.
- Resides within a one-hour drive from Glenwood.
- A background check, including reference contacts, may be conducted.
- Preference may be given to individuals with municipal experience.
The successful applicant will be available to begin work as soon as possible after notice of council decision. For further information please contact Mayor Albert Elias at 403-626-3233.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications; a comprehensive benefits package is available upon successful completion of three-month probationary period. Please outline salary expectations in your cover letter.
Hours of work:
32 hours per week (Village Office Hours – 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, with 0.5-hour unpaid lunch break, Mon-Thurs)
Please submit resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope to the village office
Village of Glenwood
PO Box 1084, 59 Main Avenue
Glenwood, AB T0K 2R0
Attn: Albert Elias
By email: email@example.com