Summer Village of Parkland Beach is located on the northwest shore of Gull Lake, Alberta. The community is home to a combination of permanent and seasonal residents who enjoy lakeside recreational opportunities year-round. See www.parklandbeachsv.ca for more information.
Parkland Beach Council is seeking a motivated and competent individual for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the CAO is responsible for the overall administration and the day-to-day operation of the Summer Village. The CAO position is full-time and requires a person who can work independently from November to April, and with a team of one to three seasonal workers from May to October.
The ideal candidate will have prior employment in municipal administration or management experience in a related field.
As administrative lead in the municipality, the CAO must be able to:
- ensure all programs and operations are carried out according to Alberta legislation, industry standards, and best practices
- provide strong leadership and direction
- work in a team environment with Council, regional partners, and staff, as well as independently
- communicate effectively in person and in writing
- deal calmly with challenging situations and multiple responsibilities
- manage information, make decisions, negotiate with people, and find innovative solutions to problems
- create, administer, and monitor annual budgets
Contact the Summer Village office for a detailed Job Description.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume:
PO Box 130
Rimby, AB T0C 2J0
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.