Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)- Seniors Living
Newell Foundation is looking for an accomplished, well-rounded and progressive leader who is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. If you are a leader who balances the needs of people with the need for results then please read on.
This is an exciting opportunity that allows you to put all of your talents into action and to develop new skills as Newell Foundation is poised for growth over the next few years.
As CAO you will report directly to the Board and oversee the entire operation within our Seniors Living Communities in South Eastern Alberta. www.newellfoundation.ca. The CAO position is based in Brooks, AB with travel to the neighbouring communities in which we operate.
We are proud to tell you that our facilities have remained Covid-19 free due to the dedication and hard work of our amazing team and Residents.
Who we are:
Our dedicated team cares passionately about providing exceptional service for our residents and their families. We work hard to ensure residents feel welcomed and have a sense of belonging living in our facilities.
Newell Foundation’s goals and strategic priorities ensure residents’ needs are being met and they are treated with respect, compassion and dignity. We are a caring community, and take pride in listening to what others have to say, considering all input to be valuable.
Who you are:
You are a roll-up your sleeves, dive right in kind of person who also has a strong strategic approach. You are highly accountable and deliver results time and time again. You are a dynamic lead by example leader who has a penchant for succeeding through empowerment, collaboration and delegation because you trust in your team. Your communication and interpersonal skills are top notch and are adaptable given the audience. As someone who is comfortable with implementing change, you will balance your business acumen and drive with a strong sense of empathy and compassion.
Your experience will include:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Hospitality, or similar; Or a combination of education and experience.
- A solid 10 years’ experience in a leadership position with strong leadership capabilities
- Excellence at communicating new ideas and exceptional listening skills
- Success at balancing short-term vision and long-term goals
- A history of building strong relationships and establishing mutual trust
- Comfort with all aspects of performance management
- Understanding, meeting or exceeding client/customer needs
- Confidence in decision making regarding people, finances, projects etc.
- Solving problems by breaking down the issues, understanding the root cause and connecting the dots.
- The ability to set priorities and juggle many at the same time
- Experience leading initiatives utilizing your planning skills
- Sound conflict resolution skills
- Excellent computer skills
- An understanding of Finance, Human Resources, Administration and Payroll
- Hospitality or Retirement Community industry experience (is preferred)
- A working knowledge of the legislation and regulations relevant to the Seniors Housing industry (considered an asset)
What you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Board to devise strategies and policies to meet the Foundation's objectives and goals.
- Leading and managing the day-to-day operations of the Foundation specifically:
- Human Resources, Finance, Public Relations, Maintenance Administration, Residents Administration, Legislative Compliance, Board Administration, Advocacy Management, Risk Analysis, Strategic Planning and Program Management
- Coaching, mentoring and developing your dedicated direct reports to ensure their success and supporting them in leading their hardworking team members
- Leading growth initiatives through sound management practices
What we offer:
Competitive compensation and health and retirement benefits.A committed and innovative Board that will recognize and support your efforts.A friendly and inclusive working environment.
If you're interested in this role and feel you have the qualities and qualifications we are looking for, please forward an up-to-date copy of your resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 3 references that we may contact. We also need to know what your expectations are with regard to compensation.
Our selection process includes a phone interview, an in-person or video interview and final interview at our Brooks location where you will have a chance to see our fantastic facility and meet some of our team.
We thank you for considering our opportunity, we value the time it took for you to apply. As we are expecting many applications, we will only be able to respond to those who are able to demonstrate their experience through a resume and cover letter. If you are not a match for this opportunity, we will keep your resume on file for any potential future positions and contact you if there is a match.