The Village of Foremost has an opportunity for a CAO. The Village of Foremost is a vibrant, active community with a quiet and safe lifestyle nestled in the S.E. corner of Alberta. The Village offers affordable housing, extensive indoor & outdoor recreational facilities, along with an enviable safe and quiet rural lifestyle. The Village is conveniently located on Hwy 61 and Hwy 879 intersecting the community.
As the principle advisor to the Mayor and Council, the CAO will support the development and implementation of strategic objectives, provides executive leadership, oversees operational and financial management, fosters a culture of service excellence, and builds relationships with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have strong credentials in Municipal Government or related administration, including knowledge of accounting, budgeting procedures and practices, excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary education or a mixture of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- Prior senior management experience, preferably in a municipal setting.
- A strong understanding of the Alberta Municipal Government Act.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, boards and committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development, and achieving results in team building and professional relations.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Public Works requirements in a small urban centre including but not limited to water treatment, distribution systems, wastewater systems, and their certification requirements and responsibilities for the operation of each system.
- A good working knowledge of the Alberta Employment Standards and Regulations including accountability requirements for timesheets, payroll, performance and maintenance standards of buildings and equipment, and inventory management.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
For further information please contact: email@example.com
Competitive salary negotiable upon qualifications.
Please send applications with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foremost, AB T0K 0X0
Please label "Village Application"