Located 20 minutes west of the City of Lacombe in the breathtaking Blindman Valley, the Town of Bentley is a community full of central Alberta charm and pioneer history. Steps away from both the Sunset Hills and Gull Lake, Bentley is truly a summer paradise.
With a steady population of nearly 1,100 residents, Bentley offers top-notch educational programs (including ECS, kindergarten, and grades one through twelve), a long-term care facility, medical clinic, chiropractor, municipal library, and many other businesses and services catering to the community. Please visit our website for additional information on the community at www.townofbentley.ca
Reporting to the Mayor and four Town Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town bylaws, and policies as set by Council. With 7 FTE’s, and a combined budget of $4.5M, you will:
- Offer effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Deliver solid leadership to Council and Town staff.
- Ensure appropriate financial and administrative systems are in place and followed.
- Ensure that Town staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A post-secondary degree, combined with a thorough understanding of local government, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership and direction and the ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, Boards and committees, neighbouring municipalities, and the general public.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building strong team relations.
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement.