Nestled between the banks of the scenic North Saskatchewan and Battle Rivers is the Town of Battleford, the first capital of the North West Territories. Founded in 1875, the population of Battleford is 4,500 and growing. Situated 8 kms south of the City of North Battleford, Battleford offers the best of both worlds: "small town" atmosphere with "big city" facilities. Lake Country is a short drive to the north with Saskatoon a long hour to the south east.
The Town of Battleford is committed to providing its residents and employees with a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, sustainable infrastructure, an effective corporate organization, economic development with a strong quality of life.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
The Town of Battleford is a historic town rich in history that has seen steady growth. Battleford is:
- Fiscally strong and sound,
- Doesn’t shy away from difficult issues,
- Works to improve its service to residents, stakeholders, and local businesses,
- Attentive to infrastructure renewal,
- Sensitive to the environment and sustainable growth,
- Completing their first strategic plan
The next CAO has an opportunity to significantly develop Battleford:
- Continue transitioning the organization from a medium sized Saskatchewan town to a small Saskatchewan city.
- Build the town to become a tourism destination telling the story of the transition from Rupert’s Land to Canadian Administration including the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Grow regional partnerships that include rural municipalities, First Nations, the City of North Battleford and Parks Canada.
You are someone with strong municipal experience, who welcomes the role of being a leader of the organization and in the community as you advance the Town and organization’s evolution to a small city. You do this as you continue to build relationship agreements with both the First Nations, the City and support local stakeholders.
Battleford isn’t your first senior position as a public servant who strives to build the community. You know how to bring your leadership team together to accomplish the goals set by Council as you deliver important public services, infrastructure and programs.
Your budget is approximately $7.5M with a staff of more than 30. Council is looking for someone with some administrative credentials and experience including:
- A degree in Public Administration, Political Science, or Business/Commerce; and
- A municipal certification/designation and willing to obtain UMAAS Standard Certification;
- Several years’ experience in the public sector leading an accomplished team; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
To discuss the position in confidence, please call or email your resume and cover letter to:
Mayor Ames Leslie