The Village of Forestburg has a population of approximately 875 residents and is located approximately 80 km southeast of Camrose, AB. The scenic Battle River Valley is only 20 km south and offers both a unique natural setting and varied recreational opportunities. Agriculture, coal mining, power generation, and the oil and gas industry are the building blocks of Forestburg’s “Growing Community”. It is the great community spirit and the warm friendly people that make the Village of Forestburg a very special place to live or visit. Forestburg is a community oriented, safe and healthy place to raise your family or retire. We offer a quality of life second to none, with the perfect balance of educational opportunities, seniors’ facilities, recreational facilities, cultural amenities and a growing vibrant business community. For additional information, please visit our website at www.forestburg.ca
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Village as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Village bylaws, and policies as set by Council. With a total of 7 FT staff, and a combined budget of over $4.8M, you will:
- Deliver solid leadership to both Council and the Village staff.
- Serve several functional capacities including as the Chief Financial Officer, Development Officer, and Economic Development Officer.
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Ensure that Village staff are committed to delivering the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
You will possess:
- A post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- Prior senior management experience…preferably in a municipal setting.
- A comprehensive understanding of municipal finance and budgeting process.
- An understanding of legislative processes and knowledge of the Municipal Government Act.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses and industry, boards and committees, other levels of government, and the general public.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team and professional relations.