Located just over an hour northwest of Alberta’s Capital Region, the Town of Barrhead (approximate population 4,580) is ideally situated and has much to offer residents and visitors alike. The Town serves as the regional trading and service centre for the County of Barrhead and surrounding area. While agriculture is the mainstay of the regional economy, the Town boasts over 500 businesses including agricultural services, restaurants, retail outlets, business services, and manufacturing. Learn more about our facilities and our beautiful Town at www.barrhead.ca.
Duties & Qualifications:
Reporting to the Mayor and six Councillors, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for the overall administration of municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, policies and plans approved by Council. There are seven direct reports and nearly 40 FTE’s with an overall combined budget of nearly $23M.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience within a dynamic multi-dimensional service municipality.
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- An ability to work effectively with elected municipal officials, community volunteers, Boards and committees and public participation processes.
- Proven HR skills. Ability to work with staff and achieve the "buy-in”.
- A thorough understanding of the legislative process or a willingness to learn.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
- Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement programs.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act (MGA) is considered an asset.
The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages based on previous experience, education, and suitability for the position. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest. This position will remain open until filled.