The Town of Onoway is seeking a qualified and energetic individual to fill a vital role in our administration office. Reporting to the CAO, the CFO is responsible for providing oversight and management of the day to day finance functions of the municipality.
The duties of this position will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Responsible for the finances and investments for the Town Of Onoway
- Oversees and develops all financial and accounting functions which includes but is not limited to tax roll, a/p, a/r, fixed assets, assessment
- Working with Muniware software system
- Provides necessary reports and advice to the CAO and Public Works Manager on all matters of a financial and accounting nature
- Develops the annual Operating and Capital Budgets for Council’s approval in accordance with Provincial Government requirements that results in accurate operating and capital investments
- Develop and maintain the 3 year Operating and 5 year Capital Plan for Council’s approval
- Balances the assessment role and prepares the annual tax rate bylaw based on the approved budget
- Other duties as required.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player who desires the challenges and rewards of municipal administration. Preference will be given to applicants with a CPA designation or equivalent, post-secondary certification/diploma/degree in accounting, finance or related area. Strong Microsoft office and excel spreadsheet and accounting software skills are essential. Experience in municipal accounting and financial administration is a preference. Proven interpersonal, supervisory and team leadership skills is an asset. The successful candidate must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn new roles.
The Town has a competitive salary range and strong benefit package. A job description for this position can be found on the Town’s website.
Resumes, including cover letter stating experience, qualifications and references, will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. noon, Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 and submitted to:
Wendy Wildman, Chief Administration Officer
Town of Onoway
4812 – 51 Street, Box 540
Onoway, AB T0E 1V0
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Town of Onoway wishes to extend their thanks to everyone in advance for their applications, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.