Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It is a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
Due to the recent retirement of our Information & Technology Services Manager, we are currently recruiting for the right person to fill the position of Chief Information Technology Officer / Information & Technology Services Manager. This position is the senior information and technology official and is responsible for providing leadership and alignment of business and information technology strategies to achieve the City’s strategic and organizational objectives.
This position oversees digital transformation through the investment, delivery and sustainment of citizen-centric digital information and technology services systems and business applications. Guided by the Corporate Information and Technology Master Plan, the Information & Technology Services department enables all City services and the employees who provide them through evolving use of data, information and technology. The CIO provides inspiration and vision to lead the Information & Technology Services department in creating sustainable plans for digital and mobile government, communication and technology infrastructure, analytics, and the introduction of evolving technologies. They accomplish this by working collaboratively with staff, colleagues, Council, business partners, external providers and other stakeholders, and by applying effective management practices and business processes.
Ideally to fill this role you will be a proven performer with a 4 year degree in a related field (e.g. computer science, software engineering, information systems) and at least 10 years’ experience in senior level ITS roles.
In addition, you will have:
- knowledge of managing Microsoft operating systems, network products and desktop products;
- knowledge of managing enterprise class information management, application, database, and GIS systems;
- experience in working with all levels of management in a mid-sized organization. Public sector experience in municipal government is preferred;
- experience in working in an environment that uses both wide area and local area networks;
- experience preparing and tracking operational and capital budgets;
- experience in recruitment and performance management in innovative, high productivity environments;
- an ability to assess and mitigate cyber-security risk;
- an ability to make decisions quickly and handle problems as they occur;
- an ability to use consultative process to develop solutions or strategies;
- strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills.
What we offer:
In addition to a very competitive salary of $130,609 to $163,261 and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals.
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.