Redcliff is a community of 5600 friendly residents, which offers excellent education facilities, an abundance of community activities, a beautiful trail system and well maintained recreation facilities.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, positive individual for the position of Civil/Environmental Engineering Summer Student.
The position has been created to add some capacity to the Town’s forces during the busy construction season and for the successful applicant exposure to many aspects of engineering in a municipal environment. The successful applicant will be exposure to engineering design, estimating, project management, quality control, surveying, asset management, contract administration, utility operations, utility repairs, landfill operations, landfill construction, and operations in a municipal environment.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Program at an accredited University working towards a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree and completed at least three years of course work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 Operators License.
- Must have and maintain no criminal record as a condition of employment.
- Must have knowledge and implement construction safety procedures and aware of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) legislation.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands related to the work. (PDS)
Experience and a working knowledge of the following are considered assets:
- computer aided drafting software,
- survey equipment, Town currently has a GPS system.
- municipal construction, reading and interpreting engineering specifications, plans and drawings.
If you are interested in this challenging, rewarding position please mail an application in the form of a cover letter and resume, in confidence, marked “Engineering Summer Student” to:
Town of Redcliff
Attn: Human Resources
Redcliff, AB, T0J 2P0
Applications will also be accepted via email in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting, along with the complete job description, can be seen on our website at www.redcliff.ca under opportunities
Applications can also be delivered in person to Town Hall located at #1 – 3rd Street NE, Redcliff, AB.
Deadline for receiving applications is 4:30 pm February 18, 2019. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.