About this Role:
Are you a creative, strategic and a strong collaborator? Are you results driven with the ability to establish relationships and partnerships quickly? If so, we want to meet you!
The City is currently seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Communications Advisor.
As a member of the City Governance team, the Communications Advisor provides professional administration of communication programs under the direction of the Communications Team Lead.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing communications planning, support and execution for assigned department(s).
- Accountability for assigned communications specialties
- Content creation and analytics
- Technical tasks as required
- Support the Communications Team Lead as required.
- Provide communication for assigned City departments. Accountabilities include:
- Understanding the department’s needs and annual activities
- Determining gaps in communication
- Providing strategic advice and support to the department
- Communicating specific campaigns or projects. Work may include writing, content creation, design, social media, website updates, coordination of print media, distribution and analytics.
- Accountability for assigned communications specialties (which may include internal communications, website management, social media management, photo library, video production, graphic design, or other specialties)
- Content creation including layout, design, writing, formatting, digital photo/video/image/animation creation, print production, etc.
- Technical tasks, support and analytics to support the Communications Team Lead and Senior Communications Advisor, as required.
- Participate as a member of the Chestermere Emergency Response team in preparing and enabling the community to respond in the event of a local disaster or regional disaster.
For more details and information, please review the job description here.
Required Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Information Design, Graphic Design, Marketing or a related discipline; and
- 3-5 years of related and progressive experience in communications, including web and social media.
Working for the City of Chestermere:
As one of Alberta’s fastest growing municipalities, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community with over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to create an Amazing Chestermere by contributing to amazing neighbourhoods, pursuing amazing partnerships, seeking amazing opportunities, supporting an amazing quality of life and building amazing relationships.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2021 Senior Communications Advisor before Friday, March 12, 2021 to:
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.