Job Title: Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator (Full Time)
Department: Community Services
CLOSE DATE: July 8, 2020 at 4:30 PM
JOB POSTING #: 2020-11
Reporting to and under the general direction of the Manager of Community Economic Development, this position performs skilled work of a complex nature, coordinating communication projects and tasks for internal clients. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing communications plans; writing, editing and publishing; public engagement and social media. Work involves technical skills in written and visual content generation, laying out text copy, and communications planning. Works with City departments to determine their communication plan requirements and resources and supports internal communication and public engagement. Responsible for prompt and accurate attention to detail from development to deployment of communication, public engagement and social media plans with occasional pressures of volume of work and deadlines. Internal and external communications and coordination of public engagement are the most important aspects of this position. The role requires strong interpersonal and collaborative relationship skills and considerable courtesy, tact, and diplomacy to ensure protocols, City standards and procedures are adhered to on all media with both internal and external clients.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma certification or higher in a related field or with a focus in journalism, public relations or communications.
- Minimum of three years’ directly related experience in corporate or government communications or journalism, including work in public engagement/relations and social media.
Special Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of communications planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of electronic and audio/visual technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Political acumen or experience working in a politicized environment.
- Skill in drafting speaking materials.
- Skill and experience or training in crisis communications.
- Ability to think strategically and adapt/interpret the operations and communication needs of various City departments.
Salary Range: $63,219 - $79,014 per annum (based on 37.5-hour work week)
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume on/or before July 8, 2020 at 4:30 PM quoting competition 2020-11 to:
City of Lacombe
5432 56 Avenue
Lacombe, AB T4L 1E9
or by email email@example.com
All candidates are thanked for their interest and advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of Lacombe will conduct a Police Information Check.