The Communications & Marketing Coordinator:
- is involved in all aspects of the development, implementation and delivery of the Town’s internal and external communications strategies.
- works collaboratively with the Town staff and Council to provide professional communications services for the organization, to include preparation of speeches and public speaking notes for Council.
- is responsible for promoting awareness regarding the Town. This position will monitor issues at a local, provincial and national level affecting the Town and will distribute this information via the appropriate media to relevant stakeholders.
- will assist with the development of promotional materials, establish and maintain the Town’s brand standards and serve as a primary contact for media representatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of creativity and technical expertise, both at the advanced level.
DETAILS OF FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure all communications are delivered in a timely, effective, efficient and appropriate manner.
- Attends Town Council and Committee meetings to ensure that information received is timely and firsthand.
- Assist with communicating Town events.
- Develop and maintain the Town’s website and act as liaison with the webhost and associated stakeholders.
- Post and update employment opportunities to website and social media avenues.
- Perform the duties of Information Officer under the Municipal Emergency Management Plan.
- Serve as one of the primary media contacts of the organization.
- Assist in promotion and provision of the Municipal Election and Censuses.
- Administration of Social Media networks.
- Develop and maintain the Town’s Photograph and Video Library.
- Produce and distribute monthly Town News – coordinating story line-ups, announcements and photos.
- Write, edit and coordinate posting of content on Town website.
- Create weekly newspaper and radio advertising.
- Prepare speeches and public speaking notes for Council.
- Keep employees informed of internal information (i.e.) updates, Announcements
Design and Creation:
- Produce creative ideas, concepts and design for print, digital and mobile media.
- Design various marketing, communication and promotional materials, including brochures, project profiles, advertisements, posters, departmental initiatives, community notifications, etc.
- Web design, development and maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of charts, graphs and presentations
- Remain at the forefront of current design trends and emerging production technologies/tools.
- Manage, organize, and preserve digital files, photos, dockets, sample-filing archiving etc.
- Coordinate efforts in social media.
- Excellent writing skills to engage an online audience
- Effective use of social media to share the culture of the organization with the citizens and build a community that embraces that culture.
- Social media is an investment in the long-term marketing of the organization
- Responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive marketing, public relations program that will enhance the Town’s image and position within the marketplace and community.
- Coordinate the appearance of all print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Work as part of a team in the Administration department
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required
Please submit your resume to:
Town of Westlock
10003 - 106 Street
Westlock AB T7P 2K3