The Town of Morinville is seeking a dynamic and experienced full-time Corporate Communications Assistant to help with the coordination of corporate communication strategies and processes. Reporting to the Corporate Communications Coordinator, the Corporate Communications Assistant will oversee graphic design services for the municipality as well assist with daily corporate communication activities. The position will act as a liaison with Town staff to access communication support pertinent to their own activities.
Key objectives of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Creation of graphics and content for future internal and external newsletters, posters, advertisements, and other communication documents as required;
- Provide corporate communications support in the absence of the Corporate Communications Coordinator, which may include: liaising/assisting with responses to media, staff and/or Mayor & Council, approving various creative, attending events, drafting key messages and/or news releases;
- Assist in monitoring and updating social media, website, and other digital platforms;
- Assist with communication-related administrative needs, such as record keeping;
- Provide communications expertise and consultation to various departments/staff on communications needs, initiatives and special projects;
- Proof-read, and ensure that Town materials are void of errors and adhere to the Town’s Brand Identity;
- In a state of a local emergency, the Corporate Communications Assistant may be called upon to act as a relief Public Information Officer;
- Provide overall graphic design support
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline
- One to two years’ experience in a municipal or government communications setting would be considered an asset. (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.)
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required as well as advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences using a variety of communication methods.
- Experience in drafting, editing and proofreading corporate communications and marketing materials (documents, website content and design, brochures, etc.) for publishing and dissemination.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector is a condition of employment.
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
Salary range of $51,832—$61,891 per annum (7 Step Grid) based on a 35-hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including pension and professional development opportunities
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m., March 15, 2019
Please submit a cover letter and resume by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit cover letter and resumes quoting “Corporate Communications Assistant” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
We would like to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.