The Town of Penhold is seeking an individual for a part time position of Communication & Events Coordinator.
The Communication & Events Coordinator is primarily responsible for creating and publicizing external communications materials. This position will draft, edit, and oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication for the Town, including Town of Penhold’s website, digital and analog signs, and social media accounts. This position will also be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating community events. This is a key role in the development of social capital within our community and surrounding area.
- Organized - Strong organizational & planning skills with good follow through
- Time Management - Work a variety of hours as social media and events dictate within the set time frame
- Proven ability to manage communication through social media and website
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator
- Self-motivated, energetic, and outgoing
- Leadership - Excellent people skills with an ability to motivate and build excitement
- Interacting with Public - Proven ability to plan and execute events for all age groups
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Develop a communications plan and oversee daily administration of the plan
- Provide strategic communication advice to Mayor and Council, Chief Administrative Officer and Administration regarding ongoing and emergent communication issues and opportunities
- Oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication including but not limited to: The Town of Penhold website, Social media accounts (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Town Crier, and Instagram, etc.)
- Measure the effectiveness of the Town of Penhold communications strategy
- Research and help to develop and implement new communications programs, including direct mail, social media, and other initiatives
- Develop and manage communication plan that achieves effective internal and external communication
- Identify audience and appropriate formats for media
- Keep the Town Crier updated as events/ situations/ emergencies arise
- Digital and analog signs to be updated and current regularly
- Create and disseminate external communications materials
- Provide quality events that remain fresh and exciting to the community
- Recognize safety and risk management factors pertaining to the events
- Recruit volunteers; build community partnerships with strong working relations to aid in the events
- Be a community vision ambassador
- Execute budget details for all events, and remain open to creative ways of reducing costs (partnerships, sponsorship, and grants)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Working with, planning and implementing events
- Experience working with volunteers or community groups would be a strong asset
- Computer skills, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, email and Adobe Products
- Knowledgeable with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Criminal Record & Child Welfare check required
Evening and weekend work will be required for this position. Hours of work are 18-24 hours per week.
Send resumes via e-mail
Attention: Karen Sawicki, Human Resources Manager
The closing date for this position is March 15, 2019 or as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
The Town of Penhold thanks you for your resume, however due to the volume of resumes only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.