The City of Brooks is one of fastest growing communities in Alberta with a multi-cultural flavor unique to other municipalities in Alberta boasting a population of 14,451. The City of Brooks has an immediate opening for the full-time permanent position of Communications Officer / Sustainability Coordinator in the Shared Services Department.
Job Details & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Administration, this position is responsible for providing strategic advice on the delivery of corporate communications by providing media and public/community relations, internal, external and electronic communications, creative services and crisis/emergency communications. You will also provide assistance to the Economic Development Team and attend related meetings with various government, community and business groups.
In addition, you will be responsible for the facilitation and development of municipal sustainability programs and initiatives including the planning, coordination, development and delivery of learning resources, outreach programs and events at the community level.
- You must have completed the twelfth (12th) school grade, preferably supplemented by the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, social sciences, administration, arts or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in communications, public relations, marketing, community development, project coordination, or municipal sustainability planning would be a definite asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- You will also possess exceptional reading, writing, editing, proofreading, presentation and event planning skills. Knowledge or experience in graphic design, desktop publishing, word processing, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Suite and presentation software applications is an asset.
- To be considered for the position, a valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- A clean criminal records check will be required before an offer of employment is presented.
Compensation & Benefits:
The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package for this position.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the address below:
City of Brooks
201 - 1st Avenue West, Box 879, Brooks, AB T1R 1B7
Bus: (403) 362-3333 Fax: (403) 501-0090 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.