Less than an hour northeast of Edmonton on Highway 28, you will find the pastoral and very picturesque Smoky Lake Region. Comprised of the Villages of Vilna and Waskatenau, Town of Smoky Lake and Smoky Lake County, our genuine rural Alberta charm with wide-open country spaces is rich with heritage, agriculture, tourism and resources with all essential amenities.
Reporting to the Regional Community Development Committee (RCDC), this position is responsible for developing, facilitating and promoting plans, projects and initiatives that contribute to the development of our region and its’ economy.
- Identify, establish and promote economic development opportunities;
- Assist communities to develop and implement the Region's Strategic Plan;
- Identify opportunities for community economic development to develop local projects and initiatives;
- Research and apply to secure funding for economic development activities and programs;
- Assist local organizations, businesses and individuals with establishing economic and community development plans, businesses and projects;
- Promote the Region and expand economic development opportunities; and
- Report to the Smoky Lake Region: Regional Community Development Committee (RCDC).
- A degree or diploma in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Knowledge of board governance and policy development and an Ec.D. designation are assets.
Salary Range $50,000 to $70,000
To apply for this position please submit cover letter and resume to:
Smoky Lake County
Attn: Lydia Cielin, Assistant CAO
Smoky Lake, Alberta T0A 3C0
Smoky Lake County Main Office at 4612 McDougall Drive, Smoky Lake.
The position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants in advance; and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the Smoky Lake Region you may visit www.smokylakeregion.ca