The Town of Innisfail is looking for an individual to fill a full time Community Peace Officer 1 position. The Community Peace Officer shall be responsible for the enforcement of Municipal and Provincial Statutes in accordance with the policies set out by Council and the authorities obtained from the Province of Alberta. The position requires the ability to work directly with the RCMP, all Town departments, community groups and the public.
- Knowledgeable in the enforcement of municipal bylaws and Provincial Statutes
- Well versed in the Provincial court procedures
- Deals positively with public and staff relations and the handling of complaints and suggestions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate safe work habits and ability to follow procedure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Hours or work are based on a flexible 80 hour bi-weekly schedule
- Diploma or Certificate in a recognized Law Enforcement Program an asset.
- Have held a CPO 1 appointment
- Must reside within the community upon hire
- Completion of the Alberta Solicitor General’s Public Security Peace Officer Training within the last 5 years preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Commissioner of Oaths
- Assets include certification in:OC spray, ASP baton, EVOC (emergency vehicle operations course) and Radar and Laser
- Experience in Enforcement of: Traffic Safety Act and Associated Regulation, Municipal Bylaws and Animal Protection Act, Trespass to Premises Act, Gaming and Liquor Act
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License, Class 5 with good driving record
- Must be security cleared by R.C.M.P.
- A fundamental understanding of the Municipal Government Act including planning and development sections.
- A fundamental understanding of FOIPP Legislation.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office and in the use of standard office equipment.
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. A copy of the detailed job description available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Manager
4943 53 Street, Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.