Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this full-time position’s main duties include, ensuring compliance with Municipal Bylaws and applicable Provincial Statutes; traffic enforcement, liaising with assisting agencies and investigating complaints generated by the public. Providing positive presence in the community, this position will have a strong focus on proactive public education.
Candidates must have:
- Hold a diploma in law enforcement, criminal justice, or related field supplemented by two years previous experience in municipal law enforcement; (Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered)
- Hold a Level 1 Community Peace Officer appointment from Alberta Solicitor General;
- Valid physical abilities testing (i.e. PARE, COPAT) within past 6 months;
- Have completed a baton, OC spray and self-defence course (i.e. PPCT);
- Hold a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (5 demerits max);
- Have proficient computer skills in Word and Excel.
Preferred candidates will be trained or have familiarity with ROADS motor vehicles registry system; training/certification in radar/LIDAR; training in EVOC and experience in Traffic Enforcement, Bylaw Enforcement, Commercial Vehicles and Animal Control. The ideal candidate must demonstrate sound judgment; combined with a strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as outstanding public relations and problem-solving skills.
The Town offers a competitive salary with an enhanced benefit package. Should an applicant’s qualifications not meet the required criteria a lower remuneration will be negotiated. The current work week is based on 40 hours; the general shift rotation will be based on an eight-hour shift. This will include a rotation of days, evenings and weekends.
A full position description is available at the Town Office or on line at www.athabasca.ca
Resumes will be accepted until Monday April 1, 2019. Please note that only those people to be interviewed will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including a cover letter and a list of work-related references, drivers abstract and a criminal record check to:
Town of Athabasca
4705 – 49 Avenue
Athabasca, AB T9S 1B7
Attention : Robert Jorgensen CAO
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 780-675-2063
Fax : 780-675-4242