The Town of Rimbey has a Permanent Full Time position available for a Community Peace Officer Level 1. Rimbey is a progressive community with 2,567 people and is located 150 km southwest of Edmonton, 63 km northwest of Red Deer and 45 km west of Ponoka.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible to provide community awareness and enforcement of Municipal Bylaws as well as various statutes as appointed through the Province of Alberta, investigate complaints requiring the Community Peace Officer and resolve same. The Community Peace Officer is required to provide assistance to Emergency Response Agencies, Town departments and outside agencies as required. A Community Peace Officer Level 1 must possess excellent judgment, interpersonal and public relation skills in promoting customer relations on behalf of the Town.
- Grade 12 Diploma supplemented by a two year diploma in law enforcement, criminal justice or related field. Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Completion of the Alberta Solicitor General’s Public Security Peace Officer Training within the last 5 years is preferred.
- Certification (training) in; OC Spray, ASP Baton, experience in traffic enforcement (Radar and Laser) and familiarity with traffic related legislation, experience in Municipal Bylaw enforcement.
- Effective written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Well developed public relations skills; must be able to respond courteously and professionally when enforcing bylaws and statutes and have a proven ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Eligible to obtain appointment as a Community Peace Officer Level 1 and obtain a clear Criminal Record Check conducted by the RCMP.
- Must be willing to work variable hours.
- Successful completion of an approved Physical requirements (PARE) test.
- Valid class 5 Alberta Operators Drivers License
For more information on this position you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested Candidates can forward their application/resume complete with wage expectations to Attn: Lori Hillis, Town of Rimbey, Box 350, Rimbey, AB T0C 2J0 or by email to email@example.com.
Compensation includes a competitive benefits and pension plan.
The Town of Rimbey would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will remain open until such time as a suitable candidate can be found.