The Town is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of Community Peace Officer Level 1. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and result driven.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 6,800 at the doorstep to the Rocky Mountains and outdoor adventure. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Rocky Mountain House you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the Christenson Sports and Wellness Centre, the Credit Union Co-op Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks, extensive trail system and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
As a key player in our team you will have the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in a related discipline or previous law enforcement experience as a Community Peace Officer is an asset.
- Must meet all requirements of Alberta Justice Solicitor General to acquire Level 1 Community Peace Officer Appointment.
- Must have previous CPO level 1 experience within the last 3 years. Or attended CPOIP for Community Peace Officer Level 1 Training.
- Must have valid PARE or equivalent upon start date.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence (Minimum Class 5).
- Must maintain a clear criminal record authorized by the R.C.M.P. or local police agency.
- Previous experience in Bylaw Enforcement, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement and/or Animal Control Enforcement is an asset.
- Animal handling training or certification is an asset.
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) or equivalent is preferred (mandatory completion upon employment)
- Must be willing to do shift work including weekends / holidays.
- Radar / Laser certification is required.
- PPCT certification (Pressure Point Control Tactics) or equivalent control tactics is required.
- OC Spray / Baton certification is required.
- First Aid / CPR certification is required.
- Knowledge of computers / software – Microsoft Office / MOVES/ROADS / Incident Report systems (report exec) is an asset.
To view the complete job description or to find out more about us, please view our website at www.rockymtnhouse.com/p/careers
The Town of Rocky Mountain House offers a competitive salary and excellent employee benefit program including LAPP pension. Salary Range: $66,909 - $79,205 (2020 Hourly Grid).
Please submit your resume with a cover letter on or before October 23, 2020 by 4:00 pm. The Town of Rocky Mountain House thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Town of Rocky Mountain House
ATTENTION: Brandon Smailes
5116 50th Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, Alberta T4T 1B2