“The Town of Sylvan Lake is a lakeside town in Central Alberta of over 14,000 people and growing. With close proximity to the major centers of Red Deer, Calgary and Edmonton, we can offer the amenities of larger center with the relaxed living atmosphere offered by a smaller community. With abundant year round recreational and cultural activities, we have definitely earned the name of “Brilliant All Year!” We are a growing and thriving municipality and as such the organization continues to move ahead in a progressive manner.
Do you want the chance to work with an amazing team in a collaborative environment where your efforts make a positive impact on the community? If you are interested in great work experience, we have an immediate opening in our Parks and Protective Services Department for a: Community Peace Officer to provide municipal enforcement services within the Town of Sylvan Lake.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
- Reporting to the Manager of Municipal Enforcement.
- Preserve and maintain public peace by upholding and enforcing Municipal Bylaws and authorized Provincial Statutes.
- Investigate Municipal Bylaw offenses and complaints and submit all required reports.
- Investigate Provincial Statute offences and complaints and submit all required reports.
- Perform Traffic Enforcement duties and responsibilities, including traffic-stops.
- Prepare professional Court Briefs and documents, and present evidence in Trial when required.
- Liaising and working effectively with all Departments of the Town of Sylvan Lake and Law Enforcement Agencies including RCMP, Alberta Sheriffs and other Peace Officer Agencies.
- Attending Council, Committee and board meetings as requested.
- Providing educational seminars to the community.
- Rescuing/Capturing dangerous or distressed animals and providing humane care to those under your control
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of High School or equivalent
- Solicitor General Community Peace Officer Training, or equivalent.
- Successfully complete a physical abilities evaluation (RCMP PARE Test - or equivalent).
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in dealing with staff, peers and the public.
- Successfully clear a Criminal Records Check and thorough Police Background Check.
- Some flexibility of work schedule to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Has the ability to work independently, remain professional at all times, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Has a high level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
Wage Range: $67,267 - $80,308
This is a terrific opportunity to work in a professional, team focused environment. You have a strong desire to be a major contributor to the success of a vibrant and growing organization. If you are up to the challenge of taking ownership and wanting to make a difference, this is an ideal situation. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes a comprehensive wellness component.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2020