The Town of Vegreville is located 100 kilometers east of Edmonton on the Yellowhead Highway and has a current population of 5834. Located within the County of Minburn, Vegreville boasts a mix of agriculture, commercial, and light industrial industries. We are a regional shopping and service hub to the surrounding communities, provide first class recreational facilities, and both offer Public and Catholic education to students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Our 24 bed active care hospital is supported by 7 local physicians, and our 24 hour emergency services, which include RCMP and Fire. We are a vibrant, warm and friendly community that is looking for the right individual to join our team.
Position Description Summary
Reporting directly to the Town Manager (CAO), the Community Services Director is a respected member of the Senior Management Team. The Community Services Director is responsible for day to day management and administration of programs, services and associated functions and activities in the following critical functions:
- Emergency Services including Fire, Rescue and Municipal Enforcement
- Facilities including all buildings and physical plants
- Community programs and services including FCSS, Parks, Recreation and Tourism
- Liaison with RCMP, Vegreville Centennial Library and Vegreville Regional Museum Society
Education and Experience Requirement
- Preferred degree in Community Development, Social Services or Public Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in a similar capacity managing a diverse group of managers and staff.
- Solid understanding of community based, preventative social development, volunteer management, facility operations and leisure programming concepts.
- Personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills and high degree of integrity and professionalism.
Application deadline is June 20, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.Forward your resume in confidence to:
Cliff Craig, CLGM
Town of Vegreville
P.O. Box 640
4829 – 50 Street
Vegreville, AB T9C 1R7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.