The County of St. Paul is currently hiring a Construction Foreman with the Public Works Department. Under the guidance and direction of the Construction Supervisor the Construction Foreman is both risk sensitive and safety sensitive and provides construction job coordination, including providing day-to-day instruction, safety oversight, and first level performance discussions to the Construction Operators. The Foreman must be able to establish and maintain respectful and effective working relationships with others, resolving issues
and conflict in an effective, inclusive, transparent, and calm manner, including ensuring a positive attitude is employed in day-to-day work.
As a working foreman, this position also provides direct operational support in areas such as operating and maintaining the construction equipment. The Foreman provides input into the design and construction of roads, operational planning and budgeting, and executing on any safety audit recommendations or requirements for the team. This position typically works at outdoor road construction job sites, including exposure to the elements, various construction machinery, noise, and dirt is expected. Physical requirements lifting up to 100 lbs/45 kgs.
The following are required in this position:
- High school diploma or GED at minimum.
- Ability to read construction plans, as well as being able to implement construction requirements from the plan.
- Ability to stake roads as per design plans and build road using the design stakes
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible and related experience in a road construction crew, preferably with team leadership or foreman experience.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment, such as dozers, scrapers, track hoes, graders.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta’s driver’s licence and/or Valid Class 1 Alberta’s driver’s license.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Mark Chileen at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the County of St. Paul Public Works Shop at 5618 – 57 Street, St. Paul, AB.